Monday 29 June 2009

My Top 50 Favourite Movies of Today

I was sitting here… taking a break from doing revision and as I always do I started scribbling down a list of movies, this time of my favorite movies and I thought well I am going to write a top 50.So many movies left out that I love and what I realized is that today I feel a certain way so a certain movie will be in the top20, maybe tomorrow it will be in the bottom 50, who knows. So, apart from the top5 which have remained steady for a few years now, the rest may change tomorrow, but here’s how I feel today:

50 – Vicky Cristina Barcelona
49 – E.T.
48 – Inside
47 – The Goonies
46 – The Apartment
45 – The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (2003)
44 – Rebecca
43 – Wings of Desire
42 – Fanny and Alexander
41 – Magnolia
40 – Goodfellas
39 – Citizen Kane
38 – Chinatown
37 – StarWars Saga
36 – The Big Sleep
35 – Seven Samurai
34 – The Godfather Parts I and II
33 – The Nightmare Before Christmas
32 – Babe and Babe Pig in the City
31 – Edward Scissorhands
30 – The Shawshank Redemption
29 – Manhattan
28 – Band a Part
27 – 2001: A Space Odyssey
26 – Donnie Darko
25 – L’Avventura
24 – Once Upon a Time in the West
23 – Almost Famous
22 – Martyrs
21 – Brick
20 – The Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
19 – Into the Wild
18 – Se7en
17 – Toy Story
16 – Stand by Me
15 – The Shining
14 – Pirates of the Caribbean Trilogy
13 – 8 ½
12 – The Schindler’s List
11 –Stalker
10 – A Very Long Engagement
09 – The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford
08 – Le Notti Bianche
07 – Stardust Memories
06 – Jurassic Park / The Lost World
05 – The Lion King
04 – Garden State
03 – Nuovo Cinema Paradiso
02 – The Lord of the Rings Trilogy
01 – A Love Song for Bobby Long

And remember this is a list of my favorites, not a list of the movies I consider the best, otherwise it would be quite different. These are two different concepts, for example I love Freddy Got Fingered but I know perfectly well that it is a crap movie.

1 comment:

Lucífera said...

So why isn't that one on your list?
Eheh, this is great though.
Thanks partner =)

Some of yours are also on my list.