Friday 1 May 2009

First post

Well hello there

I'm hope mist, and as Lucifera asked me, at times to times, I shall be posting some movie's reviews that I think are worthwhile.
For my first post, I'd like to talk about a somewhat different theme: books to cinema movies. I saw the other day the new movie "Marley & Me". I read the book a few years ago and I reaaly enjoyed it so I must say that I had some high expectations about the movie. It surprised me in an estonishing way. I didn't really expected the adaptation to cinema would be so good and true to the real story. It didn't disappoint me at all..
The movie per se is not much of a big deal but for those who know the story won't be too disappointed. The actors (Owen Wilson and Jennifer Aniston) play their parts ok without too much of a surprise, we're used to see those mediocre preformances from these two.
I wouldn't rate it too high, but I'd give it 10/10 for the adaptation of the plot. John Grogan (the book's author) must be overwhelmed with joy with the movie. Globally it's a 6,5/10.
For those of you who are interested in wathcing the movie I have to say, read the book first! It's a lot better.
So, until I post again here, kusjes en knuffels!!

hope mist

3 comments:

Lucífera said...

Many many thanks my friends!

I have not watched this one, but I will try.

Anonymous said...

MORE CRITICS, PLEASE

alva quase transparente said...

on that same subject, I've jut seen 'Angels and Deamons'...too comercial, on the line of 'Da Vinci Code' but i must say worst.
At the final, what staid in my mind was that Tom Hanks is always right...incredible how genius he is...the movie needed at least an hour more to make the message pass with some density.